It’s our belief that if we are not hiring people who are more on the ball and with more knowledge than we currently possess, we cannot grow as a company.
The Resource Manager is a key role within Rehab, and it combines both resource and traffic management responsibilities, as follows:
Resource Management we are searching for the right candidate who can own the effective scheduling of resource booking and communications through: owning the resource schedule, resolving planning conflicts, liaising with Project Managers. Owning freelance recruitment with support of the people team managing their contracts, extensions, onboarding into the business and coordinating bookings internally or with any offshore development teams.
This role also involves helping with the effective running of the agency, and coordinating the timely and efficient workflow across all teams and reporting from brief to completion. The aim is to increase team utilisation and efficiency, which ultimately affects quality of output for clients and projects, as well as profit to the business. This is achieved through ensuring that: everyone is briefed and busy in the day to day; absences are closely tracked and the impacts are immediately assessed and managed; managing last minute changes to requirements and resource availability; and flagging and resolving emergent issues.
This role would suit someone who is dynamic, an excellent networker, a clear communicator, highly process driven, with a passion for people, creativity, tech, and business operations. The role reports to the Operations Director and works closely with the Head of Delivery.
The key responsibilities of the Resource Manager are as follows:
- Own, manage and maintain our internal scheduling software day to day.
- Chair weekly resource meetings with project and department leads.
- Work with producers to book resources for given projects based on project estimates and plans.
- Work with head of departments to manage continuous amends and updates to resource bookings based on changing project landscapes.
- Manage resource clashes by liaising with all relevant parties.
- Identifying internal capacity in advance to ensure maximum utilisation.
- Be the point of contact for any questions about capacity in the agency.
- Train new-starters in resource booking process and general maintenance of the resource platform, working with IT and Finance where necessary.
- Weekly / bi-weekly 1:1 meetings with head of departments to discuss upcoming resource requirements, any potential project staffing issues and hiring strategy.
- Liaise with HR for permanent recruitment tracking.
- Update and report on utilisation across the agency, highlighting both over and under-utilised employees.
- Involved in, and mindful of, key aspects of workflow, including kick-off, milestones and deadlines.
- Join weekly project reconciliation meetings with the Head of Production to be aware of project health on all projects.
- Continuously looking for ways to improve relevant resource and traffic processes where necessary.
External resource management:
- Work with offshore partners to book external developers where required on projects, and support in any contract extensions and updates.
- Identify freelance requirements, leading the search for freelance talent, owning contracts / extension documentation and ensuring freelance accounts are setup and closed down.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Someone who shares our company values which are: Bold, Collaborative, Innovative, Inquisitive, and Entrepreneurial.
- Previous experience in a Resource and/or Traffic Management is essential, ideally in media, creative or tech
- Excellent networker with strong internal and external stakeholder management
- Strong data and spreadsheet skills are essential.
- Naturally empathic with the ability to build relationships based on trust and transparency, and able to be a positive influence on others
- Solutions-focused and able to work well in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Highly process driven and obsessive about detail
- Understands the fast-paced nature of the creative and tech industries, and is able to embrace constant change with a calm and agile approach
- Creative mindset and ability to design and improve processes so they are highly efficient
- Genuine interest in business operations and strategy, with the ability to connect the dots with this role, and shape the role in line with the bigger picture
- Clear and respectful communicator who is confident briefing studio teams, challenging briefs and answering queries
- Proactive and driven to succeed
- Professional, reliable and punctual
- Excellent time management with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Able to manage, then ultimately exceed expectations in all areas of the role
- Excellent computer skills - familiar with gmail and google docs and proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous experience using Paprika, or similar platform is advantageous.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A competitive salary.
- Company pension scheme.
- Competitive maternity policy.
- 25 days annual holiday entitlement with additional discretionary days off.
- Additional schemes include: Private Medical & Dental, Cycle to Work, Season Ticket Loan, Eye Care Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Programme - a confidential 24/7 counselling line.
- Company wide training platform.
- Flexible working.
- Creative office in Shoreditch.
- Bright, professional and friendly team.
- Participation in our regular Hackweeks and company-wide Hackathons.
MORE ABOUT US
Rehab is a service design and digital product agency specialising in consumer experiences and digital innovation for Global brands. We’re based in Shoreditch, London.
We take a user first approach to solve brand and business challenges. Our innovative process called Triage helps us strategically identify and create services, products or experiences that give our clients an unfair advantage. We build, iterate and maintain these solutions to help tech companies be more innovative and enabling non-tech companies to better serve their consumers and start to behave like a tech company.
Our aim is to create work to inspire rather than interrupt so it plays a more meaningful role in people’s everyday lives.
At Rehab, we truly live and breathe our company values which are to be Bold, Collaborative, Innovative, Inquisitive, and People Powered. We work with global clients including Nike, Google, Meta, WarnerMedia, Roche, Bacardi and Estee Lauder, among others. Through our work we’ve been honoured with industry awards including an Emmy, Gold Cannes Lions, Deloitte Technology Fast 50, and Digiday.
Visit our website for further reading.
We review applications on an individual basis, and if we feel you would be a good fit we’ll invite you to meet with key members of the Rehab team about the role over Google Hangouts, and to see if we’re a good fit for each other.
With the COVID-19 situation, our teams are predominantly working remotely, and as such we’ll help make the interview process as clear and stress-free as possible, giving you the same opportunity as if we were meeting face to face.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.